A few weeks ago, I was looking for a good margarita recipe to make at home. Specifically, I was looking for one that is sold at a ballpark or arena. What I found was Patron’s Ballpark Paloma. Here’s my take on the baseball inspired cocktail!
- 1.5 oz of tequila
- .75 oz of fresh grapefruit juice
- .5 oz of simple syrup
- .25 oz of lime juice
- 1 egg white
- Salt for rim
- Combine the first five ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously until chilled and combined.
- Double strain into a coupe glass rimmed with Tajín or salt.
- Top with drops of bitters to resemble baseball stitching.
The recipe was extremely easy to follow. However, I needed to double everything to make enough for one drink. While their picture was near perfect, I was pretty pleased with how my re-creation turned out.
As for the taste, well…it wasn’t my best work. Or, maybe grapefruit just isn’t my flavor. Regardless, I’m marking this at bat as a hit!