Welcome to Springfield, Massachusetts! While there isn’t too much happening in this part of the state, Springfield is home to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. Here are some things to note before visiting;
- The HOF is located where it is because James Naismith created the game of basketball there in 1891.
- Springfield is located in the Southwest corner of Massachusetts. Boston is roughly 1.5 hours away, while Hartford, Connecticut is about 30 minutes away.
- Springfield is also home to MGM Springfield, where the Red Sox host their annual fan festival, Winter Weekend.
- The HOF not only celebrates NBA greats, but also coaches, WBNA players, and collegiate athletes.
- There is a court, where guests can play on a full court or shoot around on the evolution of hoops. So, bring sensible shoes!
- Outside the building is the Naismith Coaches Circle, where coaches are honored.
- Attached to the building are a handful of other businesses, including several great restaurants.